Welcome to Cask Studies, where you can properly age your skills without getting old. Even sour grapes can become fine wines here!
For the Most Exhilarating Taste, Please Download the PDFs at the Top of each article’s page.
Articles are presented first by Category, and then generally from Newest to Oldest.
[READ FIRST] YOU’RE PAYING FOR YOUR DESTRUCTION!
- Be Skeptical With Statisticians (Comparing Common Methods) – Dec. 10, 2014
- Winning Formulas – Fun Group Exercise to Introduce Non-Data & Future-Data Executives to Using Regression
- Linear Regression Without Depression Tutorial
- Weight Loss (Regression – Cumulative, Lag Variables)
- Electric Bill Savings (Regression – Binary, Subsampling)
- Pay Discrimination (Regression – Binary, Control Variables)
- A Microfinance article I wrote with a Santa Clara University research team using Linear Regression and Granger Causality to find a bigger problem driver: Jo, et al., “Global Microfinancing Institutes: High Interest Rate or Low Loan-Loss Rates?” Journal of International & Interdisciplinary Business Research, Volume 1 (Spring 2014), pp. 77-88.
Gregory Taketa is the Data Decanter, serving refined, well-breathed data analysis while keeping out the sediments.